Wednesday 16 October 2013

Pilot Blog

So, my first blog. What does it mean? I don't really know, where's it going to get me? No one knows. What am I going to be blogging about? Games.


Video Games!

A little of my history first, sounds boring but a part of me wanted to get it down.

Games have been in my interest since age 8 when I got my first console. The Nintendo 'Game Boy Colour'. I was the first among friends and family to have the colour screen, unreal, still needed a torch to use it at night, but hey it was colour. The Wario series and Pokemon Yellow, were certainly the stand out titles for me. I'm still waiting for the day Pokemon games are released where you can have your favourite Pokemon following you around as you make your adventure. Prince of Persia, what a game that was, lots of falling and dying, but something compelled you to try over and over again.


Pokemon Yellow (1999)
Game Boy Colour
Prince of Persia Gameplay (1989/1999)
(Apple II/Game Boy Colour)














Unlike today, I had the same Game Boy for years. But it wasn't too long before I got another console. Next up came a PlayStation 2, free with the Sony television that my parents bought. Ratchet and Clank got a lot of attention from me, and I'm glad the titles ares till in production today. Alongside Gran Turismo 3: A-spec, plenty of hours were sunk into that game, whilst the following title Gran Turismo 4 saw me on a daily basis for the completion of the 50 lap races.

Skip to 2013, I have a Gaming PC, a PlayStation 3, and a Wii U (and a GameCube hidden away for the occasional play). I had a XBOX 360 for some time, however recently traded it in for the Wii U, seeing as I use the PlayStation 3 more often. Now next month we are to expect the PlayStation 4 and XBOX One, and seeing as I've always had a soft spot for the PlayStation, I'm fairly certain that will be my pick when the time comes. (not to mention the supposed 'Faster Processing Power'). There is one thing I have to set straight though, I don't and never will, hold a preference for any particular manufacturer. Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony are all incredible companies (most of the time). If I am fortunate enough to have all of the Next Gen consoles at my disposal, then I will see which appeals to me the most...

And this is where It will be, In my blog 'CookeRS Gaming' I will be sharing my experiences and opinions on the consoles and games that are coming our way, as well as some looks back on the best games that I have played in the past, or still play today.


So feel free to follow my Blog if the same kind of things interest you, and to leave creative comments as well...


CookeRS logging off.

No comments:

Post a Comment